Tottenham thrashed Leicester City 6-1 in the Premier League encounter at the King Power Stadium to launch a telling blow to Craig Shakespeare’s chances of landing the job on a permanent basis. Tottenham were at their devastating best here, as they ran riot against last season’s champions, with Harry Kane scoring 4, and Son Heung Min adding a brace. Tottenham have not let the intensity drop despite losing out on the title, and have continued to thrash opponents.
Ben Chilwell added a consolation goal for Leicester City, who were outdone by the brilliance of Spurs. The Foxes missed their two regular centre backs Robert Huth and Wes Morgan,as Yohan Benalouane and Christian Fuchs struggled against Harry Kane and co.
While Chelsea have wrapped up the title, and have been in scintillating form, here we look at a few facts that demonstrate Tottenham are title material, and have just missed out because of the sheer brilliance of Antonio Conte’s men :
2) Tottenham’s tally of 83 points is already more than last season’s champions Leicester’ tally. The Foxes had 81 points last year, enough to win the title of course.
3) As many as four players from Tottenham have been included in the PFA team of the year, which is equal to Chelsea. Full backs Danny Rose and Kyle Walker, and attackers Dele Alli and Harry Kane have all made the cut.
4) Harry Kane has scored 26 goals this season, and is leading the race for the golden boot. The Englishman has scored two more than Romelu Lukaku and is ahead of the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Diego Costa.
5) Since the start of the September, Harry Kane has scored 22 goals in 25 games for Tottenham, a phenomenally good record.
6) Christian Eriksen has provided 13 assists so far this season, which is second only to Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne. The Belgian has provided 16 assists so far and tops the chart.
7) No player for Tottenham has been sent off this season. There disciplinary record stands at 62 yellow cards and zero red cards. Highly impressive discipline for Pochettino’s men.
8) Harry Kane leads the chart for being involved in most goals this season, 26 goals and 7 assists. Alexis Sanchez has also been involved in 33 goals, but considering Kane has also been out through injury, it is a seriously impressive record.
9) Dele Alli has scored 17 league goals this season, in addition to 6 assists. A seriously impressive output from the 21 year old midfielder.
10) Tottenham have been unbeaten in the league at their home ground, White Hart Lane. Spurs have won 17, while have 2 draws. Seriously impressive home record.