The 19th match of the Indian Preimer League played between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kings XI Punjab saw a thrilling nail biting finish.
Manan Vohra of KXIP scored 95 but his innings went in vain as Sunrisers Hyderabad managed to win the match by 5 runs. Bhuvneshwar Kumar was declared player of the match for his bowling of 5/19. Earlier, SRH’s skipper David Warner had scored 70* to take his team to a total of 159.
Here are few interesting records of today's game.
1. Only the 2nd time Warner has batted throughout a 20-over innings in the IPL. First was for DD v KKR in 2010 when he scored 107*.
2. David Warner's 45-ball fifty is the 2nd slowest IPL fifty for Sunrisers Hyderabad. Slowest: 48 balls by Shikhar Dhawan vs RPS, 2016.
3. Wriddhiman Saha is now the first wicket-keeper in IPL to affect 4 dismissals in a game on two different occasions.
4. Bhuveneshwar’s 5 for 19 from four overs are the best bowling figures ever for SRH and is the first five wicket haul for SRH.
5. This is Vohra's (95) highest score in T20s, going past 77 for Punjab in SMA Trophy 2014-15.
6. Highest score by opener with his partner out for duck in IPL:
- 119 Sehwag, 0 Finch, 2011
- 108 de Kock, 0 Iyer, 2016
- 95 Vohra, 0 Amla, TODAY.
7. Most batsmen dismissed for single-digit scores this IPL:
- 6 Rashid Khan
- 4 Bhuvneshwar, Cummins, McClenaghan.
8. First time Rashid Khan hasn't taken a wicket in his first over this IPL. He had done it in each of his first 4 games.
9. Vohra scored 37 off Rashid today – the most by a batsman v bowler in an innings this IPL. Jadhav hit 31 off Mishra on 8th April.
10. First time Maxwell has entered in the first over for KXIP.
11. Miller has now played 37 matches & 33 innings since he last scored a T20 50. In that time, he has scored 534 runs at 7.72 RPO & 16 RPI.