Cricket lovers rejoiced when they got the news of AB de Villiers inclusion in the RCB's side. De Villiers surpassed all expectations as we witnessed some unbelievable shots from Mr.360 all over the ground. It wasn't enough to stop KXIP from winning on the back of Hashim Amla's half-century.
As the entertainment for the match went further records seems to crumble. Here are few interesting records of today's game.
1. It's the first time in IPL history that ABD's side has lost a match when the South African has scored more than 66 runs.
— Follow Your Sport (@followyoursport) April 10, 2017
2. AB de Villiers registered his name as one of the highest scores in losing cause for RCB. He stands second after skipper Virat Kohli.
100* Kohli v GL, 2016
89* ABD v KXIP, TODAY
86 Gayle v KKR, 2012
83 Yuvraj v RR, 2014
3. Maxwell turns out to be the match finisher for KXIP. Maxwell's scores in his first 2 games as captain
44* (20), 2 fours, 4 sixes
43* (22), 3 fours, 4 sixes
In both the games Glenn Maxwell scored the winning runs for his team.
4. That win with 33 balls remaining is KXIP’s biggest ever victory v RCB in terms of balls remaining. Previous best: 26 balls in 2008.
5. Now AB de Villiers leads the list of having maximum strike rate in last 5 overs. He dethrones his fellow RCB teammate Chris Gayle.
Highest SR in last 5 overs in IPL (min. 100 balls):
Glenn Maxwell completed his 1000 runs in IPL today. Only Virender Sehwag has reached the mark at a higher SR (165.56 vs 164.75)#KXIPvRCB
— Rajneesh Gupta (@rgcricket) April 10, 2017
6. AB de Villiers (149) climbs to 4th for most sixes in IPL. He follows Gayle (254), Rohit (163) and Raina (160).
7. AB de Villiers becomes the 8th highest run-getter in the IPL. He went past MSD's tally of 3287.
8. AB de Villiers scores a total of 5500 T20 runs in his career.
9. Stuart Binny (110 matches) is the most experienced Indian T20 player in Royal Challengers Bangalore's playing XI. 3rd after Watson (225) and ABD (219).