After a somewhat lopsided battle in the first game, it took just one more game for the tenth edition of Indian Premier League to show its true colour. While Hardik Pandya showed some considerable firepower in the last over of Mumbai innings to take them to a challenging total, Smith took it upon himself to win it for the Supergiant.
In a tremendous show of cricket, it was obvious for the records to crumble. Let’s have a look at some of them from the game.
1. Ashok Dinda became the first bowler in IPL to concede more than 50 runs in an innings on four occasions. His highest remains the 63 runs he conceded against Mumbai Indians while playing for Pune Warriors India in the 2013 edition of IPL.
2. 30 runs conceded by Dinda in the final over of the innings is most conceded by any bowler in the last over of an innings in IPL. Previous highest was 27 runs conceded by David Hussey against the same opponents in the 2013 edition of the tournament when Rohit Sharma hit him for three sixes in the last over.
— Sir Ishant Sharma (@SirIshantSharma) April 6, 2017
3. 185 chased down by Pune was their Highest chase so far.
4. 185 is the highest chase by any team against the Mumbai Indians. Previous highest was 184 by Chennai Super Kings at Wankhede Stadium in 2015.
5. The first win on their home ground arrived in their second season for RPS. They had lost all their four home matches at this ground in the last edition before the matches were shifted out of Maharashtra because of severe drought.
6. 84* by captain Steve Smith is the second highest individual score by an RPS batsman. The highest remains the 101 scored by the Aussie skipper at the same stadium against Gujrat Lions last year.
A post shared by Follow Your Sport (@followyoursport) on Apr 6, 2017 at 11:24am PDT
7. After a long haul of 144 matches, it was the first time that former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was not leading his IPL side.
These were some of the numbers from the game between Rising Pune Supergiant and Mumbai Indians. We will bring you more numbers after the game between Gujrat Lions and Kolkata Knightriders.