Premier Sports League

Ball Busters,Warriors FC and FC Goal Diggers record wins on Day 1 of PSL S1D2


Ball Busters FC produced a superb display in their first game following the start of PSL Division 2. Their players came out of the blocks with all guns blazing and got some shots on target in the first ten minutes.

The BBFC game plan worked wonders in the 12th minute, when Nawab Chabbra found some space in the midfield and tried his luck from long range. His dipping shot moved the ball a lot while in air which was enough to deceive the Auric FC goalkeeper. A truly remarkable goal to start the new PSL Division 2 season! The wonder strike gave them immense confidence to go and dominate possession.

Auric FC tried to respond by earning a few corners. But most of their deliveries from set pieces failed to threaten Manas Saha's goal.

The Ball Busters scored again in the 22nd minute, when Nawab Chhabra put an excellent ball into the box which fell in the path of Abhinav Patwal, who duly obliged and finished with ease and grace.

Two minutes after the second goal, Nawab Chhabra once again put an inviting ball in from a free kick. The Auric FC goalkeeper misjudged the flight of the ball, and Abhinav Patwal was once again there to finish it off. But unfortunately, he was in an offside position which led to the goal being disallowed.

The referee soon blew for half-time. The Ball Busters was deservedly 2-0 up and in pole position to win the game.

HALF-TIME: BBFC 2-0 Auric FC (Possession: BBFC 60% – 40% Auric FC)

Ball Busters FC made two changes at half-time, which looked as if it was a pre-determined, tactical move. They began the second half well but Auric FC responded in the 34th minute with some wonderful link up play, only to be denied by a brilliant Manas Saha save.

The Red Army refused to give up without a fight and got their just reward five minutes later.

Wasiq Wani played a wonderful through ball which was expertly controlled by Afeef Ayoub who went around the excellent BBFC keeper and slotted home the ball in an empty net.

It was 2-1 and the game was back on again! The Ball Busters had to raise their game and their players did exactly that, after conceding the Auric goal.

There were a number of chances for them to score the third and add to their narrow lead. But a combination of poor finishing and good defending from Auric FC made sure that we would be in for a tense finish to the match.

The Red Army of Auric created one last chance with two minutes to go, but they were again denied by an outstanding Manas Saha save.

The match ended with Ball Busters FC securing a hard fought 2-1 victory against Auric FC in the opening match of the day.

FULL-TIME: BBFC 2-1 Auric FC (Possession: BBFC 58% – 42% Auric FC)

Click to comment

Most Popular

To Top